CD-LPN/LVN Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must hold a full and unrestricted license as a licensed practice/license vocational nurse in the United States, or its territories.
- Two (2) years and 2000 hours as an LPN/LVN working with patients who require or may require dialysis within the previous 2 years,
- 15 contact hours of continuing education relevant to the care of patients who require or may require dialysis, within the previous two years.
It is recommended but not required that continuing education be approved by one of the following:
- Organizations accredited by the American Nurses' Credentialing Center - Commission on Accreditation (ANCC-COA), the credentialing body of the American Nurses Association.
- For example, The American Nephrology Nurses' Association (ANNA), which is both an accredited provider and approver of continuing education in nursing.
- The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN).
- The Council of Continuing Education
- California, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, or Ohio State Boards of Nursing.*
* Please be aware that although programs meet requirements set forth by other state boards of nursing, they may not meet the Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission criteria.
No individual shall be excluded from the opportunity to
participate in the NNCC certification program on the
basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, age or disability.